tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tauzell, Dave" <Dave.Tauz...@surescripts.com>
Subject Tomcat Ports
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 21:21:20 GMT
Hello,

I am using Tomcat 8.0.24 as an embedded server.  When I run my application I've noticed that
in addition to the HTTP port I specified (7001) it is also listening on several other:

1099 - this appears to be for JMX
2000 -
4211
35810 - this changes when I restart the application

I started up a pearl script that listened on 1099 200 and 4211 and tomcat was still able to
start up.  I did see one message logged that tomcat couldn't connect to a JMX port on 1099.

I've searched around and cannot find any reference to these ports.  Does anybody know why
tomcat is listening on these ports and if I can disable them?

Thanks,
   Dave

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may contain sensitive information,
and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately
and destroy all copies of the e-mail and any attachments.