tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: REMOTE_USER mod_jk
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 16:51:35 GMT
Am 19.11.2015 um 14:32 schrieb Teresa Fasano:
> With Apache/2.2.15 the REMOTE_USER is passed to the application (Jboss),
> while with Apache/2.4.6 is lost.
>
> In the log of the application we see this error: "REMOTE_USER variable
> not assigned."

If you have a test system, you can set JkLogLevel to debug. On that log
level, you should be able to see the REMOTE_USER forwarding in the
mod_jk logs. First check how the line looks when using HTTPD 2.2. Then
check, whether that info is present when using 2.4. If "yes", then your
problem is on the Tomcat (configuration, webapp) side. If it is not
present, then HTTPD 2.4 for some reason does not set REMOTE_USER and you
have to check your 2.4 integration.

Regards,

Rainer