tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Tomcat Webinar series
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 15:03:28 GMT
Larry,

On 11/12/15 6:05 PM, Cohen, Laurence wrote:
> I'd be interested, but we are still using 7.0.59 at work, so if you could
> tailor at least some of the presentations towards this, in very newbie
> format I'd definitely be on board.

Tomcat 9 has a whole bunch of nice, shiny, new things, but most of what
Tomcat 9 and 8 can do, Tomcat 7 can do as well. This is also an
opportunity for the community to say "hey, we want that back-ported to
Tomcat [X]". Specifically, I'm going to push for back-porting of the new
TLS configuration features: TLS virtual-hosting (SNI) and PEM-based
keys+certs instead of always having to use a keystore.

-chris