tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat Upgrades Ignoring Existing Installs
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 14:54:53 GMT
Jonathan,

On 11/12/15 3:43 PM, Barrow, Jonathan wrote:
> What if there was a previous version already installed in the
> default folder when a newer executable was fired off in silent mode.

What is "the default folder"?

> Would it recognize that (stop the service, install newer version,
> retain settings, etc) or would it go haywire since it wasn't built to
> do upgrades?

It would probably overwrite your configuration.

Might I suggest using a separate CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE? That
way, you'll never install anything over anything else? Also, nothing in
your configuration needs to change except - if you use Windows services
- the value of the catalina.base system property in the launcher.

-chris