tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Tomcat Webinar series
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 10:27:56 GMT
On 12.11.2015 23:29, Mark Thomas wrote:
> All,
>
> I've been wondering if there would be any interest in a Tomcat Webinar
> series. I'm thinking ~10 minutes of presentation followed by Q&A on
> topics of interest to this community with the webinars taking place
> every 1/2/4 weeks depending on interest. The webinars would also be
> recorded and uploaded somewhere - probably youtube - and linked from
> tomcat.apache.org.
>
> My initial thoughts on possible topics are:
>
> - Intro to Tomcat 9 (the first milestone release is in progress as
>    I type this)
>
> - TLS virtual hosting with Tomcat 9
>
> - Generating TLS keys for Tomcat
>
> - HTTP/2 and Tomcat 9
>
> - Connector selection: BIO vs NIO vs NIO2 vs APR
>
> - Proxy protocol choice HTTP vs AJP
>
> Other topics as requested by the users@ community.
>
> Presenters would be one of the Tomcat committers. Obviously, I'm happy
> to do these but I hope some of my fellow committers will agree to do
> some presentations as well.
>
> Thoughts, feedback, topic suggestions welcome.

I think it's a great idea, but like someone else mentioned, I believe that 10 minutes may

be a bit short for any of the above themes.

Additional suggestions for sessions :

- how to set up Tomcat so as to make upgrades easier

- the relationship between Tomcat and the Java Servlet Specification

- for sysadmins : how to set up Tomcat logging

- tools and formulas for tuning Tomcat for specific load scenarios

- when and how to generate heap dumps, and how to (roughly) interpret them