tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jamie <ja...@stimulussoft.com>
Subject Trouble downloading large file (>1GB)
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 14:20:47 GMT
Greetings

We are using Apache Tomcat Version 7.0.59. We have received downloads
from our servlet greater than 1GB in size complete prematurely. Smaller
files are no problem. All data is streamed so no OME occurs. We tried
increasing the connection timeout on the connector, but it made no
difference. This looks to be a Tomcat related issue. There is no any
specific error reported in the Tomcat logs. The download completes short
of the actual file size.

The connector is defined as follows:

<Connector connectionTimeout="20000" port="8090"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
redirectPort="8443" URIEncoding="UTF-8" compression="on"
noCompressionUserAgents="gozilla, traviata"
compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/css,text/plain,application/javascript,application/json"

enableLookups="false"  disableUploadTimeout="true"  />

Any ideas, on what might be the cause?

Jamie