tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kikkeri, Amith" <amith.kikk...@AIG.com>
Subject RE: Access application without giving port number and context root
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 15:10:46 GMT
Hi,
I don’t want to install my application as ROOT.war application. This will make it difficult
if I want to deploy multiple applications in same tomcat instance.
Please suggest.

Regards,
Amith Kikkeri

-----Original Message-----
From: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.kolinko@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2015 4:17 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Access application without giving port number and context root

> Hi..
> I am trying to deploy a web application tomcat 7.0.61 . I have a DNS created and I want
access the application without using port number and context root. Please suggest the best
approach to achieve this.

> I can change the Port in server.xml to default port 80, but I would still need to give
the context root, else it would be redirected to tomcat home page. In PRODUCTION, I would
have a DNS created to access my application and want to avoid port number and context root,
hence want to know the steps and best approach to achieve this. If there are some tutorials/Links,
please share the same.

Both questions are already answered in the FAQ. See HowTo page there and search for "ROOT"
(uppercase)

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko