tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kikkeri, Amith" <amith.kikk...@AIG.com>
Subject Access application without giving port number and context root
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 21:04:15 GMT
Hi..
I am trying to deploy a web application tomcat 7.0.61 . I have a DNS created and I want access
the application without using port number and context root. Please suggest the best approach
to achieve this.

I can change the Port in server.xml to default port 80, but I would still need to give the
context root, else it would be redirected to tomcat home page. In PRODUCTION, I would have
a DNS created to access my application and want to avoid port number and context root, hence
want to know the steps and best approach to achieve this. If there are some tutorials/Links,
please share the same.

Appreciate you assistance.

Regards,
Amith