tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Arno Schäfer <Arno.Schae...@sqs.com>
Subject AW: AW: Problems to configure tomcat as windows service
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 15:35:15 GMT
Hi Aurélien,

> Arno, can you try with these parameters : --StdOutput out.txt --StdError err.txt
> and check if this writes anything to these files (I don't bet a pence on this but let's
try) ?

That isn't the point. My problem is, that I can't configure a different service user as the
local system account with this utility. 'tomcat7.exe' configure all other parameter as you
can see afterwards in the 'serverconsole' utility except the '--User' and '--Password' on
Windows 8.1 64 bit with no error message. It only ignores these both values.
The service is running in all cases under the local system account and I can manualy change
to an other user and it still works.
So, do you know, what is the normal process to report a bug to the development?

I have to revert my statement from the mail before: It didn't work also with tomcat6 on Windows
8.1 64 Bit

> Taken from the doc :
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html

I know this document very well ;-)