tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gintautas Sulskus <gintautas.suls...@gmail.com>
Subject FarmWarDeployer in a dynamically changing cluster
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2015 23:48:11 GMT
Hi,

suppose I have a Tomcat 8 cluster coordinated via multicast.
If I understand it right, any newly started server will be picked up
automatically and any down servers will eventually be dropped out from the
cluster.

I was wondering, how does FarmWarDeployer cope with this dynamics?
Say I have two Tomcat 8 servers T1 and T2 running some apps. Then, a third
server T3 joins the cluster. Does T3 get synced in terms of applications or
do I have to deploy these apps myself?

I believe I have read somewhere in Tomcat documentation that this is the
case. It was very laconic though.

Thanks!

Best Wishes,
Gin