tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aurélien Terrestris <aterrest...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Conditional logging
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 20:12:00 GMT
Hello,

I was just trying to answer to this question asked last year, since
some of my customers are also asking the same now and then.

I admit that sometimes there are really many health-check logs (1 or 2
monitoring tools + load-balancers checks,..). But, considering my
customers ideas, they're wrong and you're right, because logs give an
additional information about the monitoring tools if we're unsure of
the health-check itself, or about a temporary network hanging.

About the log format, I've been replacing almost everywhere the
default Valve config by one which logs the processing time, and it is
very useful for later debugging. Not that I don't like the live JMX or
JMETER scripts, but the more tools we have, the more likely we are to
explain what's happening or what happened at 5AM during the asian
market opening hours while we're sleeping deep.

A.T.