tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jamie Jackson <jamieja...@gmail.com>
Subject maxFileSize
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 17:22:11 GMT
Hi Folks,

My question has a few facets:

   1. How do you get the active maxFileSize value from Tomcat? (Is it
   possible in, say, jConsole?)
   2. Is the default value's ("-1"
   <https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/servletapi/javax/servlet/annotation/MultipartConfig.html#maxFileSize()>)
meaning
   documented anywhere? My guess is that it means "unlimited," but that's just
   a guess. (If it's not documented, I think it should be.)
   3. How do people know how to translate these API items to XML (in
   web.xml)? I know I can find the answer for maxFileSize on StackOverflow,
   but it seems like there should be general guidance on how to make that leap
   (if there isn't specific guidance for those configurations in the official
   documentation).

Thanks,
Jamie