tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Arno Schäfer <Arno.Schae...@sqs.com>
Subject AW: AW: Problems to configure tomcat as windows service
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2015 15:52:50 GMT
André,

> Maybe it is not only the version of Tomcat that has changed, but also the machine/OS
on which
> you do this ? Maybe the user under which you execute this command does not have the
> required
> privileges, at OS level on this machine, to do this ?

On the same machine/OS it work's with tomcat 6.

> Maybe the user-id *to* which you are trying to set the Tomcat service, does not have
enough
> privileges to "run as a Service" ?
> (In the services.msc applet, it would ask you interactively to grant these privileges
first, but
> maybe the command-line tool cannot do that).

Like I said in my first mail, I install it as an local administrator and the service was registered
and I am able to run it under the local system account.
And also if I fill in the user data manually, what I used in the tomcat7.exe call, I am able
to start and run the tomcat server, so missing privileges shouldn't be the problem.

Regards
Arno