tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Java 7 and 8 features
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2015 17:36:41 GMT
On 27.10.2015 17:01, Vinicius Corrêa de Almeida wrote:
> I analized some releases and i noticed that not using java 7 features like
> multi catch and in java 8 do not use lambda expressions and others
> features, so i came by this email to know why the developers not using this
> features?

I believe that you are asking the wrong question.

As per this page : http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html

"Apache Tomcat™ is an open source software implementation of the Java Servlet and
JavaServer Pages technologies."

In other words, Tomcat is not an implementation of any specific Java version.
If, to fulfill its target of implementing some specific version of the Java Servlet and
JavaServer Pages technologies, it was necessary for running Tomcat code to use a certain
minimum version of the Java JVM, then so be it, and the page above would mention that (and

it does).
But that does not mean that every feature available in such a version of the Java JVM
/must/ necessarily be used by Tomcat.