tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat answers on port 80, not on 443
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 20:16:18 GMT
On 23.10.2015 16:53, Beyer, Gregory L wrote:
         ##############################
	# Inbound SSL Settings
	##############################

	org.apache.felix.https.enable=true
	org.osgi.service.http.port.secure=443
  	org.apache.felix.https.keystore=E:\\Program Files\\Connector\\.keystore
  	org.apache.felix.https.keystore.password=REDACTED
  	org.apache.felix.https.keystore.key.password= REDACTED
  	org.apache.felix.https.truststore=C:\\Program
Files\\Java\\jre1.8.0_60\\lib\\security\\cacerts
  	org.apache.felix.https.truststore.password= REDACTED

> Question  -- Does anyone think " Program Files"  (space) above is contributing to the
problem?

Maybe, maybe not.  It would depend on how "Felix" parses its configuration files.

<OT_rant>
But in any case, admitting spaces in file names is certainly one of the stupidest and most

costly ideas in the history of computing.
A close second would be making this a standard program installation directory in some
widely-distributed operating systems.
A close third would be using the same thing in the standard installation path of some
popular open-source software.
oh well..
</OT_rant>

Getting back on-topic however : I do not know anything about Felix, and I have not really

followed this thread.  But assuming that this Felix is a web application running under
Tomcat, the fact that it has the above in its own configuration file, rather than in some

Tomcat configuration file, would tend to make one suspect that Felix is opening its own
listening socket, of which Tomcat knows nothing. No ?

And in such a case, there would be some conflict if one simultaneously to deploying this
web application, would try to open a Tomcat Connector on the same port.
One of them is bound to fail.

[...]