tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Chunked transfer delay with httpd 2.4 + mod_jk 1.2.41 on Windows.
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 23:34:37 GMT

On 10/19/2015 06:04 PM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:request.

> Is the below a capture between your client and HTTPD?  (as opposed to
> one between HTTPD and Tomcat)

The capture is between client and httpd

> Note that Basic auth sends password in plain text (encoded in base64).
> So you password is written on the above line.

Yeah, I know.  If you decode it yu'll see it's throwaway credentials :)

>> Connection: keep-alive
>
> Content-Length of 0 means that this POST request has no body.

Yup.  This is just to simulate the issue.

The issue is purely on the response, not on the requestion.

> BTW, a delay of several seconds may be there is a client expects a
> 100-continue response from the server. If there is no HTTP status 100
> response it may proceed sending the body.

There is no 100-continue behavior here.

over there.  It looks like the pipelining feature is resulting in a
delay before flushing if the payload isn't a full packet size.

So that looks like a likely candidate here.