tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multiple Hosts with same appBase
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2015 16:05:20 GMT
On 10/10/2015 16:57, Danny Trunk wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I need to access the appBase itself as default and access the appBase
> with a specific docBase by a different host/domain.
> I'm currently running Tomcat 7.0.26 on Linux Ubuntu 12.04.5.
>
> Here are the essential bits of my server.xml:
>
> <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">
>   <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true"
> autoDeploy="false" />
>   <Host name="example.com" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true"
> autoDeploy="false" deployOnStartup="false">
>     <Alias>www.example.com</Alias>
>     <Context docBase="mywebapp" path="" />
>   </Host>
> </Engine>
>
> Currently all domains are returning the "mywebapp" webapp.
> What's wrong and how to resolve?

Set deployOnStartup to false and you should get the behaviour you want.

That said:

1. Overlapping appBase's are generally a bad idea. The only safe way to
make it work is to disable all automatic deployment and deploy all
Context's explicitly in server.xml.

2. Not following the standard naming convention is generally a bad idea.
The only safe way to make it work is to disable all automatic deployment
and deploy all Context's explicitly in server.xml.

Mark