tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Problems to configure tomcat as windows service
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2015 14:43:06 GMT
On 02.10.2015 16:36, Arno Schäfer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> using tomcat 7.0.54 on Windows 8.1 64 Bit system, I encounter the problem, that I can
not configure a user/password
> with the tomcat7.exe utility. I run this as a local administrator in a DOS box with a
valid user and password it returned
> with errorlevel 0, but the user was not set in the service settings.
>
> What can be the reason for this? The same solution run before in a tomcat 6 environment
with no problems and I
> recognize no changes in the documentation in this area.

Hi.
What exactly /is/ the problem ?
- that you cannot change the user-id under which it runs (which by default should be
something like LocalService) ?
- or that you can change it, but then it crashes when you run it ?

If the last, then one more question : does your Tomcat or any of its applications need
access to any network shared directory ?