tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "l.penet@senat.fr" <l.pe...@senat.fr>
Subject Parallel deployment version selection
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2015 08:33:06 GMT
Hi.

I am using parallel deployment to upgrade my webapps with no downtime.

I just have a small issue / question on how the latest version is selected.

As far as I understand, the container select the latest version by
lexicographically ordering the version string.

So if

webapp##1.0.51

and

webapp##1.0.52

are deployed version 1.0.52 will be selected.

I just have a periodic issue with versions ranging from 1.0.1,
1.0.2,...1.0.9 and then jumping to 1.0.10 (same thing for hundreds of
course) : 1.0.9 is prefered to 1.0.10 because 9 is after 1.

Is there a way to configure tomcat so that it analyses the version part
as a triplet of numbers ? And so understand that 10 is more recent than 9 ?

Thanks in advance,

Ludovic