tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat 8 reliability/performance on Windows 2008 R2 Server vs. RHEL/CentOS
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 14:06:29 GMT
On 10/1/2015 9:57 AM, George Sexton wrote:

>> but I am looking for more concrete information about why this could be
>> problematic vs. running Tomcat on RHEL/CentOS.  My gut says far more
>> Tomcat
>> deployments in production are done on top of Linux based OS's vs.
>> Windows.
>> Any thoughts on making an argument for one OS vs another in deploying
>> Tomcat 8?  Thanks for your thoughts,

To the OP:  I'm sure you're correct that there are more production
deployments on Linux than Windows, but I'm also sure that's mainly due
to cost rather than performance and reliability.  IME, *properly
configured* windows servers are just as reliable as Linux, and hardware
reliability is the limiting factor on both of them.