tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Morey" <richard.mo...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat 8 - server.xml Not Updating
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2015 03:45:44 GMT

Hi --

I have just installed Tomcat 8 on Windows 2008 R2. I go into the host
manager and add two virtual hosts. However, the server.xml file does not
get updated. When I restart the Tomcat service the two virtual hosts no
longer appear in the host manager web UI.

Additionally, if I manually add hosts to the server.xml file they do not
appear either.

It appears as though Tomcat is neither reading nor writing to this file,
however, when I tried renaming it Tomcat - as expected - would not
start.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Can anyone offer a solution?

Thanks

Rich