tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Rieger <torsten.rie...@promatis.de>
Subject Multiple authentication-methods in single a web-app/web.xml
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2015 13:20:46 GMT
Hi,

we are developing a tool with a central repository-server, communication is
implementes based on apache-cxf.

We use a legacy SOAP-based webservice with HTTP-transport and it worked
fine with basic auth.

Since we extended our server-side application with a rest-webservice we
want to change the auth-method to FROM-BASED for the rest-webservice,
because we need session-support for secure image delivery to web-browser
(img-tags) identified by session-id.

Changing the SOAP webservice to form-based authentications seems not to be
possible.

Is it possible to configure two or more auth-methods in a single
<web-app>/web.xml or exists a workaround to use two auth-methods?

Regards,

Torsten