tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Tupelo-Schneck <schn...@cnri.reston.va.us>
Subject Errors at INFO level despite "Note: further occurrences of ... errors will be logged at DEBUG level."
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 15:21:27 GMT
I'm running Tomcat 8.0.24.  I see lots of errors in catalina.out with lines like

 Note: further occurrences of Cookie errors will be logged at DEBUG level.
 Note: further occurrences of Parameter errors will be logged at DEBUG level.
 Note: further occurrences of HTTP header parsing errors will be logged at DEBUG level.

But, the errors keep showing up at INFO level!

I get these many many times a day, but I do not get user complaints, and I have not been able
to cause the errors myself.

I would like to either
(1) Make these errors go away (such as by really having them logged at DEBUG level), or
(2) Get detailed information on the client request that caused the error so I can figure out
how to make them less frequent.

Can anyone advise on how I could accomplish either of those goals?

For completeness, here are the kinds of errors:

org.apache.tomcat.util.http.LegacyCookieProcessor.processCookieHeader Cookies: Invalid cookie.
Value not a token or quoted value
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process Error parsing HTTP request header
org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters.processParameters Invalid chunk starting at byte [242]
and ending at byte [244] with a value of [=1] ignored

I also see a lot of this one, at SEVERE level; I'd like to deal with it the same way as the
others:

org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process Error processing request
 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Control character in cookie value or attribute.

Thanks,
Robert