tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Configuring E-Mail Session via JNDI
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 07:01:37 GMT

Am 6. August 2015 06:12:14 MESZ, schrieb Tim Gustafson <tjg@tgustafson.com>:
>I'm trying to configure an e-mail session in my Tomcat configuration
>like this:
>
><Resource name="mail/session"
>      auth="Container"
>      type="javax.mail.Session"
>      mail.transport.protocol="smtp"
>      mail.smtp.host="192.168.0.2"
>      mail.debug="true" />
>
>From my web application, I'm instantiating a Session object like this:
>
>Context initialContext = new InitialContext();
>session = (Session)
>initialContext.lookup("java:comp/env/mail/session");
>
>When I go to send e-mail from my web applet, I'm getting:
>
>java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.mail.Authenticator
>
>I find that error a little odd, as I'm not doing SMTP AUTH anywhere,
>but I'll let that go for now.  Based on documentation I found while
>Googling that error message, I copied the mail.jar file from my
>Netbeans library into Tomcat's lib folder, and now I get:
>
>java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.mail.Session cannot be cast to
>javax.mail.Session

This error indicates that you have mail.jar in two different classloaders. Probably common
loader and webapp loader. The one in tomcats lib folder  - common loader - is the right one.

>Removing Java Mail from my Netbeans project does not appear to be an
>option as it will refuse to compile the project without it.

I don't use netbeans, so I can't help you there. You could look for tutorials about database
drivers, they will probably be handled the same way.

Sorry,
Felix