tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Baird, Josh" <jba...@follett.com>
Subject CATALINA_BASE/lib on tomcat6 (RHEL6)
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 17:44:04 GMT
Hi,

I am running RHEL6's distribution of Tomcat (tomcat6-6.0.24-80.el6.x86_64).  I'm trying to
provision multiple Tomcat instances on the same server.  The 'RUNNING' [1] doc states that
JAR libraries should be loaded from both $CATALINA_HOME/lib and $CATALINA_BASE/lib (with BASE
being preferred).  However, in our testing, only JARs from $CATALINA_HOME/lib (/usr/share/tomcat6/lib
on RHEL6) are being loaded.  JARs in $CATALINA_BASE/lib are not being loaded at all.

CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE are set properly in the script that starts Tomcat.  I have
also verified that my catalina.properties file specifies both:

common.loader=${catalina.base}/lib,${catalina.base}/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib/*.jar

Does anyone have any ideas on why JARs in $CATALINA_BASE/lib are not being loaded?

[1] https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/RUNNING.txt

Thanks,

Josh