tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Violeta Georgieva <miles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange JSP compilation issues in tomcat 7 and 8
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 17:20:29 GMT
Hi,

2015-07-06 16:20 GMT+03:00 <paul@kuruma.co.uk>:
>
> I was really hoping that there would be something tomcat related in the
> WEB-INF\lib folder but nothing, they are all marked as provided in the pom
> file.

Another thing that you can check is that you do not pack ECJ library or in
the Tomcat lib you do not have two versions for ECJ library.

Regards,
Violeta

> There was a mistake in my original post, in tomcat 8.0.23 my application
> does not work with jdk's 1.7.0_09 or 1.8.0_11 so basically it doesnt work
> at all in 8.023 with or without the ## in the war file name.
>
> It seems like tomcat is just unable to compile jsp files in this version.
>
> Is there anything else I can check or do? I have seen some people say they
> edited the conf/web.xml for the jsp servlet entry, I tried setting the
> params to 1.7 for compilerSourceVM and compilerTargetVM but this had no
> effect.
>
> I am pretty stuck as the tomcat page
> http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html seems to imply everything is
> compatible??
>
> On Mon, July 6, 2015 1:44 am, Felix Schumacher wrote:
>
> > Am 4. Juli 2015 11:04:13 MESZ, schrieb paul@kuruma.co.uk:
> >
> >> I am working on a spring\tiles application which I have been deploying
> >> to tomcat7 (7.0.32 and 7.0.53) and tomcat8 (8.2.0.23) and my war files
> >> are built with maven using jdk1.7.0_09.
> >>
> >> In my pom file I declare the final name using the ## syntax that I was
> >> told before on this mailing list would ensure that when deploying to
> >> tomcat that I would not get the version name as part of the context and
> >>  so could just use the web app name in the url and in the past this has
> >> worked ok for me.
> >>
> >> <finalName>${finalName}##${project.version}</finalName>
> >>
> >>
> >> So my war file build with a name like mywebapp##0.0.0.war, I deploy
> >> this with tomcat manager or manually and it deploys ok, no errors I can
> >> see on deployment.
> >>
> >> However when I try to access any pages I get jsp compilation issues, in
> >>  both versions of tomcat 7 I get this error:
> >>
> >> org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing
> >>  failed; nested exception is
> >> org.apache.tiles.request.render.CannotRenderException: ServletException
> >>  including path '/WEB-INF/tiles/layout.jsp'.
> >>
> >> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:
> >>
> >>
> >> An error occurred at line: 1 in the generated java file
> >> The type java.util.Map$Entry cannot be resolved. It is indirectly
> >> referenced from required .class files
> >
> > I have seen similar errors on maven based projects, when the jsp api lib
> > was put into WEB-INF/lib/. Check your libs in that location. Remove any
> > servlet specific libs from there.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Felix
> >
> >>
> >> And when deploying to tomcat8 I get this error:
> >>
> >>
> >> javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not resolve view with name
> >> 'base/dashboard/view' in servlet with name 'appServlet'
> >>
> >>
> >> If I deploy the war files without the ## in the name so just like
> >> mywebapp.war then they deploy and run fine in both versions of tomcat7
> >> and tomcat8.
> >>
> >> Does anybody have any idea what could be the problem?
> >>
> >>
> >> I have in the past deployed war files with the ## in the web app name
> >> without any issues and whilst they didnt use Spring and Apache Tiles
they
> >>  did use a lot of jsp's and this didnt cause any issues.
> >>
> >> I should also point out that the web app with the problems contains all
> >>  the display\front end but the back end which has no jsps or tiles but
> >> is still a spring web app but only provides rest apis for the web front
> >> end to call does not have any issues with the ## in the war file name
> >> and I have not had to change this wars name at all whilst doing this
> >> testing.
> >>
> >> Its odd in that I can start tomcat with the ## and get an error, stop
> >> it, clean down the work directory and then remove rhe ## from the war
> >> name and restart tomcat and it works now.
> >>
> >>
> >> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
> >> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
> >>
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message