tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aurélien Terrestris <aterrest...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Client using VIP ----> protocol HTTPS--> F5 ---->protocol HTTP ----> TOMCAT - Does not work
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 09:44:32 GMT
You're wellcome Lewis.

Chris, it looks like you had another understanding of the question, which was :
"So my first question is:  Why do I not see the VIP driven requests in the log?"

The requests were in the log, but with another client IP. At least
Tomcat provides this valve when most of other software don't.

A.T.

> Sorry.  I mean thanks Aurelien.
>
> Hi,
>
> in your server.xml, add this before your acces log valve :
>
> <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteIpValve" />
>
> It's working for our hosting behind F5

>> Lew,
>>
>> On 7/29/15 4:50 PM, Kramer, Lewis wrote:
>>> I am new to Tomcat.
>>
>> Welcome to the community.
>>
>>> I'm still struggling with many of the concepts. That said here we
>>> go:
>>>
>>> Tomcat Version 8.0.14 Mainly out of the box configuration.
>>
>> If possible, upgrade to 8.0.latest.
>>
>>> Client is using VIP to connect to an F5 via HTTPS  (port 443)
>>
>> Sorry... what's "VIP"?
>>
>>> The F5 connects to the Tomcat host via HTTP (port 8080)
>>>
>>> Our F5 team indicates that they are sure they have configured the
>>> F5 properly (they do it all the time for HTTP Server and Jboss
>>> Application Server installations. They have not done this with Tomcat
>>> before)
>>
>> If everyone is speaking HTTP, it should be the same.
>>
>>> I have created an access log valve at the engine level to see what
>>> the request looks like. <Valve
>>> className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
>>> directory="logs" prefix="catalina_access_log" suffix=".txt"