tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache HTTPD (with SSL) + mod_jk + TomEE (Tomcat) nullify the ssl session id
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 11:30:33 GMT
Please do not top-post, Rules:
http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users
-> "6."

> yes (LogFormat "%H %{SSL_SESSION_ID}e %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b")
> note that in both cases %H is the same value. I think it is correct.

Agreed. HTTP/1.1 is correct here.
 It is what is written on the first line of an HTTP request.

> Have a look here : http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_log_config.html#formats
> and in particular at
>  %{FOOBAR}e     The contents of the environment variable FOOBAR
>
> You can also log the request protocol :
> %H      The request protocol

OP is using HTTPD 2.4, so documentation link is s/2.2/2.4/,
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_log_config.html#formats

You may look at mod_ssl docs,
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_ssl.html

There are a number of interesting environment variables that may be
logged (HTTPS, SSL_PROTOCOL, SSL_SESSION_RESUMED).

Description of  "SSLSessionCache" directive in mod_ssl mentions some
null values, but as you have configured "shmcb" cache implementation
that apparently should not happen.

I think that you'll get more answers on mod_ssl behaviour if you ask
on an Apache HTTPD mailing list.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko