tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Session replication/fail-over for medium sized tomcat farm
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2015 12:58:49 GMT
On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 8:36 AM, Charles Richard <
charles.r@thelearningbar.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are currently using a product called Terracotta to do session
> fail-over/replication but are considering moving away from this product as
> it doesn't seem to support Java 7 and Tomcat 7.
>
> What products exist out there that would help with session
> fail-over/replication?  I only know of 3:
>
> - Terracotta
> - Hazelcast
> - Tomcat native session failover (is not recommended for many tomcat nodes)

I think that recommendation is just for the DeltaManager.  You can use the
BackupManager with larger numbers of nodes since it's not replicating
session data to all of the nodes in the cluster.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/cluster-manager.html

In addition to that Redis and Memcached are two popular ways of sharing
session state.

Dan