tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From p...@kuruma.co.uk
Subject Strange JSP compilation issues in tomcat 7 and 8
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2015 09:04:13 GMT
I am working on a spring\tiles application which I have been deploying to
tomcat7 (7.0.32 and 7.0.53) and tomcat8 (8.2.0.23) and my war files are
built with maven using jdk1.7.0_09.

In my pom file I declare the final name using the ## syntax that I was
told before on this mailing list would ensure that when deploying to
tomcat that I would not get the version name as part of the context and so
could just use the web app name in the url and in the past this has worked
ok for me.

<finalName>${finalName}##${project.version}</finalName>

So my war file build with a name like mywebapp##0.0.0.war, I deploy this
with tomcat manager or manually and it deploys ok, no errors I can see on
deployment.

However when I try to access any pages I get jsp compilation issues, in
both versions of tomcat 7 I get this error:

org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing
failed; nested exception is
org.apache.tiles.request.render.CannotRenderException: ServletException
including path '/WEB-INF/tiles/layout.jsp'.

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:

An error occurred at line: 1 in the generated java file
The type java.util.Map$Entry cannot be resolved. It is indirectly
referenced from required .class files

And when deploying to tomcat8 I get this error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not resolve view with name
'base/dashboard/view' in servlet with name 'appServlet'

If I deploy the war files without the ## in the name so just like
mywebapp.war then they deploy and run fine in both versions of tomcat7 and
tomcat8.

Does anybody have any idea what could be the problem?

I have in the past deployed war files with the ## in the web app name
without any issues and whilst they didnt use Spring and Apache Tiles they
did use a lot of jsp's and this didnt cause any issues.

I should also point out that the web app with the problems contains all
the display\front end but the back end which has no jsps or tiles but is
still a spring web app but only provides rest apis for the web front end
to call does not have any issues with the ## in the war file name and I
have not had to change this wars name at all whilst doing this testing.

Its odd in that I can start tomcat with the ## and get an error, stop it,
clean down the work directory and then remove rhe ## from the war name and
restart tomcat and it works now.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message