tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: HTML 508 error with container authentication and virtual host
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 14:28:08 GMT
Hi.

David Hoffer wrote:
> I've added FORM container authentication with Tomcat and everything works
> fine as long as users use the full URL to the app (URL in Tomcat's manager
> app).
>
> However users want to use a different URL based on a virtual host, e.g.
> myapp.mycompany.com.  It brings the users to the app no problem but then
> when they try to login Tomcat reports a 508 error, how do I solve this?
>
> The URL in the browser when this happens is
> myapp.mycompany.com/j_security_check

1) to save time to everyone in the end, please provide at least the full version of Tomcat

that you are using.
2) HTTP status code 508 indicates that some server resource limit has been reached.  That

points to some kind of infinite loop. That would tend to hint at the fact that whatever
your login form is pointing to, maybe itself is a protected location and so on..
3) Anyway, your question above would be a lot clearer (and it would also save time), if
you copy and paste the content of your Tomcat's "server.xml" file, below here :
(please remove any comments and confidential information)