tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: why is Tomcat 7 invoking WebSocket protocol?
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 10:42:52 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
>> Subject: Re: why is Tomcat 7 invoking WebSocket protocol?
>
>> But maybe the solution consists simply in renaming that filter, so that it does not

>> give the mistaken impression that the WebSocket protocol is necessarily being used
?

> That can't be a "solution", because there really isn't a problem here.  The WsFilter
has to be in the chain, just in case there's a websocket upgrade in the request.  The OP needs
to focus on the real problem, not this non-issue.

Hi.
I did not mean "solution" as correcting a "problem".  I understand that the filter has to

be there.
I meant "solution" in the sense of probably avoiding a lot of questions in the future
about the same thing.  Maybe renaming it to something like "ProtocolDetectionFilter" would

be less of a trigger for the uninformed public.