tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Strange JSP compilation issues in tomcat 7 and 8
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 08:44:21 GMT


Am 4. Juli 2015 11:04:13 MESZ, schrieb paul@kuruma.co.uk:
>I am working on a spring\tiles application which I have been deploying
>to
>tomcat7 (7.0.32 and 7.0.53) and tomcat8 (8.2.0.23) and my war files are
>built with maven using jdk1.7.0_09.
>
>In my pom file I declare the final name using the ## syntax that I was
>told before on this mailing list would ensure that when deploying to
>tomcat that I would not get the version name as part of the context and
>so
>could just use the web app name in the url and in the past this has
>worked
>ok for me.
>
><finalName>${finalName}##${project.version}</finalName>
>
>So my war file build with a name like mywebapp##0.0.0.war, I deploy
>this
>with tomcat manager or manually and it deploys ok, no errors I can see
>on
>deployment.
>
>However when I try to access any pages I get jsp compilation issues, in
>both versions of tomcat 7 I get this error:
>
>org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing
>failed; nested exception is
>org.apache.tiles.request.render.CannotRenderException: ServletException
>including path '/WEB-INF/tiles/layout.jsp'.
>
>org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:
>
>An error occurred at line: 1 in the generated java file
>The type java.util.Map$Entry cannot be resolved. It is indirectly
>referenced from required .class files

I have seen similar errors on maven based projects, when the jsp api lib was put into WEB-INF/lib/.
Check your libs in that location. Remove any servlet specific libs from there.

Regards, 
Felix
>
>And when deploying to tomcat8 I get this error:
>
>javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not resolve view with name
>'base/dashboard/view' in servlet with name 'appServlet'
>
>If I deploy the war files without the ## in the name so just like
>mywebapp.war then they deploy and run fine in both versions of tomcat7
>and
>tomcat8.
>
>Does anybody have any idea what could be the problem?
>
>I have in the past deployed war files with the ## in the web app name
>without any issues and whilst they didnt use Spring and Apache Tiles
>they
>did use a lot of jsp's and this didnt cause any issues.
>
>I should also point out that the web app with the problems contains all
>the display\front end but the back end which has no jsps or tiles but
>is
>still a spring web app but only provides rest apis for the web front
>end
>to call does not have any issues with the ## in the war file name and I
>have not had to change this wars name at all whilst doing this testing.
>
>Its odd in that I can start tomcat with the ## and get an error, stop
>it,
>clean down the work directory and then remove rhe ## from the war name
>and
>restart tomcat and it works now.
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message