tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Rohde <...@ordix.de>
Subject AW: Brand new to Tomcat
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2015 15:51:59 GMT
Hi Larry,

of course you can add several Connector elements in server.xml. But notice that the value
of the port attribute (not proxyPort) must be unique. Otherwise the second connector cannot
be established at Tomcat startup.

Regards
Thomas

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Cohen, Laurence [mailto:lcohen@novetta.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. Juni 2015 17:33
An: users@tomcat.apache.org
Betreff: Brand new to Tomcat

Hi,

I find myself in a position where I am the only system administrator on a project that uses
tomcat appserver and apache webeserver with a postgres backend.  We have two applications,
and before and changeover from mod_ssl to mod_nss we were able to go over port 80 to grab
files out of the database.  The web app in question is listening on port 8007, but proxied
on 443.  After we switch to mod_nss, something happened with the configuration or the Rewrite
Rules, where we can not longer use port 80, although port 443 is working fine.

In server.xml I can see the following connector line:

  <Connector port="8007" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
executor="tomcatThreadPool"
               connectionTimeout="600000"
               scheme="https" secure="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
               keystoreFile="/opt/dse/keystores/keystore.tomcat"
               keystorePass="changeit"
               truststoreFile="/opt/dse/keystores/truststore.jks"
               truststorePass="password" proxyName="testweb01.novetta.com"
proxyPort="443"/>

My first question is, can I add another connector line, proxying to port 80 as so:

 <Connector port="8007" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
executor="tomcatThreadPool"
               connectionTimeout="600000"
               scheme="https" secure="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
               keystoreFile="/opt/dse/keystores/keystore.tomcat"
               keystorePass="changeit"
               truststoreFile="/opt/dse/keystores/truststore.jks"
               truststorePass="password" proxyName="testweb01.novetta.com"
proxyPort="80"/>

Thanks,

Larry Cohen