tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Weird situation
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2015 19:01:18 GMT
Nabusg Tomcat wrote:
> mod_jk version 1.2.40
>
> yes there is a jkmount directive to send every requests that start with
> /secure/ to tomcat.
>
>   JkMount /secure/* ajp_myhost
>   JkMount /secure   ajp_myhost
>

> "Somehow the association of a "myprog.cgi" on the Apache side, and a
> "request.getParameter()" on the Tomcat side sounds strange"
>
> What part of this is strange? heard of web.xml?

Yes, but what is "myprog.cgi" under Tomcat ? Is that a java webapp/servlet ?
(You are of course free to map your webapps as you wish.  It is just unusual to see one
named this way, which is the reason I asked.)

> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 11:00 AM, André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:
>
>> Nabusg Tomcat wrote:
>>
>>> Apache HTTPD version 2.4.10
>>> Tomcat version apache-tomcat-7.0.61
>>> Ubuntu 12.04.5
>>> 16G RAM
>>> Dual Core processor 64-bit
>>>

>>> Lately I am noticing that the request parameters are present when the
>>> request hits Apache, but are dropped when request reaches tomcat.
>>>
>>> for e.g /secure/myprog.cgi?username=user1&masteraccount=master1 (logged in
>>> Apache), however tomcat rejects the request as
>>> request.getParameter("username") can not be null. I have been running the
>>> same code for ages and now I am noticing this. This is happening to
>>> roughly
>>> 1% of the requests.
>>>
>>> Following is my Apache config
>>>
>>> APACHE    StartServers            15
>>> APACHE    MinSpareThreads         25
>>> APACHE    MaxSpareThreads         75
>>> APACHE    ThreadLimit             512
>>> APACHE    ThreadsPerChild         32
>>> APACHE    MaxRequestWorkers       2048
>>> APACHE    MaxConnectionsPerChild  2048
>>> APACHE    AsyncRequestWorkerFactor 3
>>> APACHE    ServerLimit 64
>>>
>>> And this is my tomcat settings
>>>
>>> TOMCAT    protocol="AJP/1.3"
>>> TOMCAT    packetSize="32000"
>>> TOMCAT    maxThreads="800"
>>> TOMCAT    processorCache="800"
>>> TOMCAT    acceptCount="300"
>>> TOMCAT    acceptorThreadCount="2"
>>> TOMCAT    minSpareThreads="80"
>>> TOMCAT    maxSpareThreads="160"
>>> TOMCAT    maxKeepAliveRequests="-1"
>>> TOMCAT    maxConnections="8192"
>>> TOMCAT    connectionTimeout="360000"
>>> TOMCAT    compression="on"
>>> TOMCAT    compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/plain"
>>> TOMCAT    redirectPort="8443"
>>>
>>> Worker.properties config
>>>
>>> worker.ajp_myhost.port=8009
>>> worker.ajp_myhost.host=localhost
>>> worker.ajp_myhost.type=ajp13
>>> worker.ajp_myhost.retries=3
>>> worker.ajp_myhost.recovery_options=27
>>> worker.ajp_myhost.retry_interval=300
>>> worker.ajp_myhost.reply_timeout=20000
>>> worker.ajp_myhost.max_packet_size=32000
>>> worker.ajp_myhost.socket_timeout=360
>>> worker.ajp_myhost.socket_connect_timeout=360000