tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Brand new to Tomcat
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2015 16:06:34 GMT
Cohen, Laurence wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I find myself in a position where I am the only system administrator on a
> project that uses tomcat appserver and apache webeserver with a postgres
> backend.

I am going to do some guesswork here, and you'll tell us if I'm wrong.

Presumably, considering what you are saying above, your actual setup may be :

browser <-- --> Apache httpd server front-end <-- --> Tomcat <-- --> webapp
<-- -->
back-end postgres database

So the browser clients actually connect to the Apache front-end server on port 80, and the

front-end passes some or all of the requests to Tomcat in the background.
(And the users never see a URL which mentions port 8007).

Right/wrong ?

If right, do you know what is the mechanism used in the front-end Apache httpd server, to

connect to the back-end Tomcat service ?
Specifically, are there any "ProxyPass" directives in the configuration of the front-end
Apache server ?

   We have two applications, and before and changeover from mod_ssl