tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Landis <dlan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Debugging Tomcat Running in Vagrant using Port Forwarding
Date Fri, 01 May 2015 00:13:59 GMT
On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 3:12 PM, David Marsh <dmarsh26@outlook.com> wrote:

> 8000 Is the HTTP port in development just in case you are using port
> 808433 Is similar for HTTPS22 Is SSH port
> Normally you define a free port in a user range say 9009, to be your debug
> port.
> Then you use a suitable java debugger to connect to that port.
> I've never used vagrant, but it sounds like you'd also need that debug
> port say 9009, to have port forwarding configured.
> Once port forwarding is configured the debug port 9009 should be
> accessible outside the VM.

Hi David -- thanks for the response. Port 8000 is definitely the default
debugging port for Tomcat though and is what I've always used before when
debugging locally. I suspect there is some additional configuration I need
to do in Tomcat in order to debug while it is running in a Vagrant box
using port forwarding.