tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Problem specifying cipher suites in tomcat6
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 18:12:06 GMT
Sean Dawson wrote:
> I had significant problems trying to uncover a change in tomcat7 that broke
> our app when upgrading from 42 to 57, for a couple weeks over Christmas
> holidays.
>
> Turns out it was something we shouldn't have been doing -

you mean, apart from top-posting here ?

but it was
> definitely a change in tomcat (51 or so) that resulted in the issue(s).
>
> Just something to keep in mind.

Well yes, but in all truth, if you were doing something which you should not have been
doing - and bonus points for admitting it - then you cannot really blame the tomcat
developers for making a change which broke it, even over Christmas, can you ?

At the contrary, you should be grateful : the fact that the change pointed out the bad
thing in your code, may have prevented the later advent of a nuclear war.  That would have

been even less fun over Christmas.

As a concession, maybe George's post below could have been prefixed with "If your code is

well-behaved, .."