tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: can we pass OS username while connection Database from Tomcat
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 08:59:05 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 28/05/2015 08:26, Vijay Kumar wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to pass OS username when making connection to any Database
>> from Tomcat context.xml?
>
> In theory this should be possible if you are using SPNEGO authentication.
>
> Testing this to figure out what is required to make it work is on the
> TODO list. It is likely that some combination of configuration, Tomcat
> code changes and application changes will be required.

I think that the term "OS username" should be carefully defined here, along with the
precise circumstances in which this would apply.
Also, connecting to a database using the user-id kind of defeats any kind of db connection

persistence/pooling/sharing at the container level.
If this kind of thing is desired anyway, should it then not be done at the application
level, where you can retrieve the UserPrincipal anyway ?