tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Christoph P.U. Kukulies" <k...@kukulies.org>
Subject Re: native API - to make Apache/Tomcat faster
Date Tue, 26 May 2015 14:36:47 GMT
Am 26.05.2015 um 15:36 schrieb Christopher Schultz:

> So you are using either mod_proxy_ajp or mod_proxy?

mod_proxy

> Are you using TLS anywhere in the mix? (I should hope so, since you
> are deploying a CMS). Does httpd terminate TLS? Do you encrypt the
> connection(s) between httpd and Tomcat using TLS?

No, not using TSL between Apache and tomcat. Using secure http (https) is
planned to be used soon.

>> We are observing that the server sometimes delivers pages
>> incompletely.
> Have you been able to determine if Tomcat is not sending the whole
> page, or if httpd is not proxying the whole page?

I have not yet found the time to debug the connection and to locate the
actual
missing pieces. It just seems that some js or css is not being loaded
since the source
code of the page itself is there.

>> Portions of the page do not show and trying to restart the service
>> results in a time out.
> A time out where? The service-restart times out, or after a service
> restart, requests time out?

When I type NET STOP tomcat7 on the server to stop the service, it
hangs. Normally
the service should be shut down smoothly.

--
Christoph