tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Евгений Кузнецов <eugeny.kuznet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Try to deploy war and keep access to my webapp in browser without entering context root name
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 18:41:56 GMT
On 21.05.2015 19:36, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Daniel Mikusa [mailto:dmikusa@pivotal.io]
>> Subject: Re: Try to deploy war and keep access to my webapp in browser without entering
context root name
>>> Rename mywebapp.war to ROOT.war (case is important) and deploy.
>> +1 - That will be the easiest solution and then you can probably remove the
>> <Context/> tag from your server.xml, which is something that's frowned upon.
> No probably - it definitely should be removed.  Leaving it in will create confusion,
if nothing else.  The OP needs to read the rules about <Context> configuration:

> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html#Defining_a_context
>
>   - Chuck

Thank You All.
I resolved my problem.

I created 'tomcat-7/my_webapps' folder and copy to here '/manager'
folder and it's content from 'tomcat-7/webapps'.
Also I created empty 'tomcat-7/my_webapps/ROOT' folder.
I removed context-tag from host-tag and modified host-tag:
<Host name="my-web-app.loc" appBase="my_webapps" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true">
In my etc/host: my-web-app.loc -> 127.0.0.1, so I can use
http://my-web-app.loc:8080/manager/text to deploy my ROOT.war with
tomcat7-maven-plugin.
No 'META-INF/ROOT.xml' or 'META-INF/context.xml' are needed. I place
ROOT.xml into 'tomcat-7/my_webapps' folder and that works fine.

--
Regards, Eugeny Kuznetsov