tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Евгений Кузнецов <eugeny.kuznet...@gmail.com>
Subject Try to deploy war and keep access to my webapp in browser without entering context root name
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 15:56:21 GMT
Hello,

I asked question in stakoverflow
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30304478/tomcat-deploying-a-webapp-which-is-accessed-via-browser-without-context-root-na

I ll repeat it here:

I have a webapp (spring mvc 4 application) which code is placed in
url |http://my-web-app.loc:8080| (i.e. without context root name
|mywebapp| after port number). I have following setups in
|tomcat-7/conf/server.xml|:

|<Host name="my-web-app.loc" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
   <Context path="" docBase="mywebapp" reloadable="true" allowLinking="true" antiJARLocking="true"
copyXML="true" />
            directory="logs"
            prefix="mywebapp.access."
            suffix=".log"
            pattern="common"
            resolveHosts="true" />
</Host>

I delploy webapp by placing war-file into |/webapp| folder. But after
war-file is unpacked and webapp is successfully deployed, I can access
to webapp only with |http://my-web-app.loc:8080/mywebapp| url. Url
|http://my-web-app.loc:8080| directs me to 404 tomcat error page.

What I have to setup to access to webapp with