tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0.37 - catalina.out is not rotated
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 12:01:11 GMT
On 06/05/2015 08:02, Radha Krishna Meduri -X (radmedur - HCL
TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED at Cisco) wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We are using tomcat 6.0.37 on RED Hat Linux platform. All of sudden what
> we observed is catalina.out.1 file is not rotated properly and grows
> till 170 GB.
>
> Please see following screenshot . Is there any rotation mechanism
> available for the log files? If yes, any known issue in this tomcat
> version why rotation is not happening.
>
> Please let me know what to check to proceed further.

Tomcat does not rotate catalina.out since that is the result of
redirecting stdout and applications should not be writing anything to
stdout.

Check your log configuration isn't duplicating logs to the console (you
don't want that on a production system).

Mark