tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Trouble separating catalina_base and catalina_home in TC 8
Date Fri, 01 May 2015 13:43:56 GMT
On 4/30/2015 2:49 PM, David kerber wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting the default webapps to start under TC8 when I
> separate catalina_base and catalina_home.  It must be something stupid
> I'm missing, but I can't think of any place else to check.
>
> This is a windows server 2012 R2 server, with JRE 7u75, JRE 8u45, TC
> 7.0.57 and TC 8.0.21 all installed as 32-bit under Program Files (x86).
>   TC is as a windows service in both cases, and they were installed
> using the windows service installer .exe.  TC7 is set up to use JRE 7,
> and TC 8 to use JRE8.  Everything runs fine under TC7, but I appear to
> be having some interference when I try to run apps under TC8, not from
> catalina_home.  All the following comments are running TC8.

I don't have Konstantin's message on this machine so I can't reply to
it, but he got me pointed in the correct direction to get this fixed.

The issues was with my set up of the CATALINA_BASE directories.  All the
install locations were good, but when I set up catalina.base, I also
happened to copy the /lib directory, which has all the tomcat jars in it
(catalina.jar, etc), so it was picking the TC7 versions of them instead
of the ones in the actual install location.  Once I got rid of the extra
files, everything runs as it should.

Thanks!