tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Emir Ibrahimbegovic <eibrahim....@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcats warning message about APR library
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 19:18:34 GMT
I've got this message when starting a tomcat server :

org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent The APR
based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in
production environments was
 not found on the java.library.path:
/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/jni:/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/jni:/lib:/usr/lib

Even though I've installed the apr along with some other stuff like this :

sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev build-essential libapr1 libapr1-dev
libssl-dev libreadline-dev -y

This is where I found the info that I need to install it:
http://tomcat.apache.org/native-doc/

What am I missing here? I'm using tomcat 8 btw.