tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Tomcat7: debugging realms - a howto?
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 19:02:14 GMT
Hi all,

I have a working realm installation using basic authentication, which I need to switch to
client certificate authentication. Having done so it doesn’t work, I just get “forbidden”,
with no indication of the error involved.

Back in the day there was a simple “debug” flag that turned on debugging. That seems to
have been replaced with the significantly more complicated java.util.logging implementation,
based on adding a logging.properties file. Adding this file, along with suggested entries
to debug realms has had no effect, I can still see nothing in console.out.

Can anyone point at a simple, clear and unambiguous set of instructions that indicate how
to debug a realm configuration?

I have tomcat up and running in a debugger, if the realm logging is broken is there a suggested
point in the code I should be placing a breakpoint so I can step through this?

Regards,
Graham
—