tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Form-based authentication breaks after upgrade to Tom 7.0.59
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:18:35 GMT
On 12/03/2015 15:51, rop wrote:
> Ah, I got it now.
> Thanks, David.
>
> Yes, the a-b-c-d points are OK then.
>
> As a trouble-shoot action, I actually did an install-and-test "binary
> search"
> among the intermediate tomcat-versions to pinpoint exactly which version
> breaks our app.
>
> Turns out, up to 7.0.47 it still works OK.
> (7.0.48 and 7.0.49 do not exist in the tomcat archive)
> And from 7.0.50 it breaks.
>
> So apparently, between 47 and 50 some change occurred that breaks our
> login....

Nothing jumps out at me in the change log. I'd add that FORM auth is
tested as part of every release so it isn't a general problem.

In your shoes, I'd be firing up Eclipse and remote debugging my way
through the authentication process. Alternatively, try creating the
smallest/simplest possible WAR that exhibits the problem.

Mark