tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vadzim Radchykau <v_radchy...@adamantium.net>
Subject Tomcat 8
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 09:44:33 GMT
Hello, everybody! I have a question about context config in Tomcat 8. I
migrating project from Tomcat 7 to 8 and have unusual problem: if nothing
change in cofig I catched an error:
"2015-02-03 12:05:48,310 FIRST_ADMIN ERROR web.context.ContextLoader:331
 -> Context initialization failed
org.springframework.jmx.export.UnableToRegisterMBeanException: Unable to
register MBean [org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.BasicDataSource@434990dd] with
key 'dataSource'; nested exception is
javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException:
 Catalina:type=DataSource,host=localhost,context=/first-admin,class=javax.sql.DataSource,name="jdbc/datasource/first"

Part of context:
<Resource name="jdbc/datasource/first"
              auth="Container"
              type="javax.sql.DataSource"
              poolPreparedStatements="true"
              initialSize="25"
              maxActive="100"
              maxIdle="100"
              minIdle="25"
              username="us"
              password="pa"
              driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
              validationQuery="select 1"
              testOnBorrow="true"

 url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/firstproject?useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=UTF-8&amp;profileSQL=false&amp;autoSlowLog=false&amp;slowQueryThresholdMillis=100&amp;autoReconnect=true"/>

So, it's works in tomcat 7 without any proble. In Tomcat 8 I can solve this
problem in 2 ways:
1. By adding to resource: singleton = "false";
2. By adding to resource:
factory="org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceFactory"

If I clearly understand tomcat creates datasource for my app and for jmx,
but in Tomcat 7 it was single object, in Tomcat 8 it must be differents. So
my question is why that situation is happend? I coudn't find any
information of this change in documentation. And I'm interesting what is
better: create single datasource (I think so) or create several by factory.
Thanks a lot for help!

--

[image: Adamantium]

*Vadim Radchikov | Software Engineer*
*mob:* +375 29 3300032   *skype:* vadzimik
*email:* *v_radchykau@adamantium.net* <name@adamantium.net>