tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: JDBC authentication problem
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 17:59:32 GMT
Am 02.02.2015 um 17:03 schrieb Luc DALLEMANE:
> Thanks for the reply,
>
> No I haven't got any exceptions, and there is no more logs until I restart tomcat manually.
>  From the web page, you can see that it keeps loading the page indefinitely... and never
tells if the authentication fails or not. (This part works when I restart tomcat).

> I'm using the DataSourceRealm provided with Tomcat7.
First of all, I wouldn't trust the network guys :) The firewall might be
OK, but OK might mean, that it drops connections, when they are idle for
too long.

That said, you have a few options to drive around such a limitation.

You could set "testWhileIdle" to true, so that you generate network
traffic and thus keep open the firewall (again I assume it is the
firewall, that corrupts your connections and I assume you are using a
connection pool managed by tomcat). I believe you have to set
"timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis" to a postive value, or no idle testing
will be done.

You might try the "maxConnLifetimeMillis" setting, so that old
connections from the pool will not be used.

You might try to size the pool, so that it keeps no idle connections
(but why should I use a pool then?).

Hope this helps
  Felix