tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Evil Bit <evil...@zoho.com>
Subject RE: Issues with log4j.core.async.AsyncLoggerContextSelector when upgrading from 8.0.15 to 8.0.18
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 17:15:03 GMT
setenv.sh does have an extra "\r" but the same file worked for me on 8.0.15 - I only copied
it from the older tomcat.
I removed it and now it works on 8.0.18 too. thank you.

---- On Wed, 04 Feb 2015 08:52:24 -0800  Caldarale&lt;Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com&gt;
wrote ----

&gt; From: Evil Bit [mailto:evilbit@zoho.com]
&gt; Subject: Issues with log4j.core.async.AsyncLoggerContextSelector when upgrading from
8.0.15 to 8.0.18

&gt; When running tomcat with
&gt; -DLog4jContextSelector=org.apache.logging.log4j.core.async.AsyncLoggerContextSelector

&gt; (defined in setenv.sh) to enable log4j2's async logging, I now get a ClassNotFoundException

&gt; (see below). What could be the problem?

&gt; ERROR StatusLogger Unable to create context org.apache.logging.log4j.core.async.AsyncLoggerContextSelector^M

Note the ^M at the end of the class name; this makes me suspicious that your setenv.sh file
has been edited on Windows and then used on Linux/UNIX/OSX/? (been there, done that).

 - Chuck